WHAT IS A CLEANSE?
A juice cleanse is an all liquid diet which serves to nourish, hydrate and cleanse your body. It benefits your body with a break from digesting solid food while increasing the nutrient absorption from the cold pressed unpasteurized and raw juice.
Toxins are present in the air you breathe, the food you eat, the water you drink. Toxins are in you. A juice cleanse helps you to give those hardworking organs a break, a chance to relax, reset and recharge. Allowing you to start afresh and give your body the reset it needs. Juice cleansing is a method that allows your body to go into a detox mode naturally as well as flooding it with nutrients and enzymes.
Few important benefits of juice cleansing are:
HOW TO CLEANSE?
- Pre cleanse- For people cleansing it for the first time, it can be both exciting and apprehensive.
- To prepare for your cleanse we strongly recommend abstaining from the following for at least 2 days prior to start the cleanse:
- Refined sugars
- Processed food – white rice and bread, biscuits etc.
- The removal of these foods will initiate the detoxification and reduce cravings. Once you start the cleanse wake up to warm water with lemon or apple cider vinegar.
- During cleanse- 6-8 cleansing juices according to the plan should be consumed about 2 hours apart replacing main meals and snacks. Try to drink your juices slowly and in sips allowing your body to assimilate the nutrients that will reduce your hunger pangs.
- After the cleanse- After the cleanse slowly transition back into your normal diet and gradually breaking the cleanse with clean and nutritionally rich food. Following points are essentially recommended.
- Stay hydrated – Maintain a whole plant food diet, initially with the inclusion or small portions of meat, fish, nuts, and refined carbs after 3 days post cleanse.
CLEANSE REACTIONS !
During a cleanse some people may experience cravings, headaches and poor body odor. But these reactions are a part of the cleansing journey.
Always remember, the benefits such as flatter tummy, glowing complexion and increased energy are never as important as a correct mindset over what you eat and how your lifestyle is from now on!